Our Love Story (Part One)
Can't say I ever saw it coming, but here we are . . .
Thinking back to the beginning makes me smile . . . It all started with a prayer meeting. One I went to out of obedience, because I knew I needed to be there even though I wasn't feeling well that day. Little did I know that God had his highlighter poised over my life that night. I cared as well as I could for those hurting, talked with some strangers and headed home. Life felt heavy.
Come to find out later, one of those strangers I'd talked to remembered me. She remembered me because she thought I'd be perfect for her brother-in-law. When Steph told me that's why Linda wanted to be my friend, I just laughed. :) I thought it was crazy, and nothing would ever come of it . . . I was wrong.
God works in crazy ways? Yes, He does, but His ways are ALWAYS higher and better than ours.
Months passed, and I forgot about it all, until Steph called me up Easter night. Did I remember her friend who wanted to set me up?
Well, yeah, kind of.
Was I free Friday night?
Nope.
(And I'll tell you, I was quite relieved to be able to say no!)
But this lady was persistent, and once again, Steph contacted me to see if I was available at all the following weekend.
I legitimately had a busy weekend, but after consulting with my family, I decided that if I didn't at least agree to try and meet this guy I might always wonder what would have happened. So I sent Linda a message asking a few important questions: Had he ever been married or engaged before? Did he love Jesus? And why did she think that we should meet?
She quickly responded, Papa and Adam checked the man out on Facebook, and wondering if I'd lost my mind, I agreed to try to meet him at a park on Friday morning with a couple friends of mine.
Friday morning came with a text message. Carl's plane had been delayed, and our Friday morning meeting would not be happening. I breathed a sigh of relief, called my friends to let them know they didn't need to be bodyguards after all, and ended up having a lovely morning spending time with Katie Joy. That night at our movie night, we giggled as girls at the craziness of it all. Heading home to get some sleep before a full day of work, I randomly checked my Facebook messages, only to find a message that made it rather hard to sleep.
This guy I was supposed to meet that morning had reached out, and although he admitted to the craziness of it all, he wanted to come visit my church on Sunday morning. If I didn't mind?
You don't tell people they can't come to church...
(Part two is found here: Love story: Part 2)
I legitimately had a busy weekend, but after consulting with my family, I decided that if I didn't at least agree to try and meet this guy I might always wonder what would have happened. So I sent Linda a message asking a few important questions: Had he ever been married or engaged before? Did he love Jesus? And why did she think that we should meet?
She quickly responded, Papa and Adam checked the man out on Facebook, and wondering if I'd lost my mind, I agreed to try to meet him at a park on Friday morning with a couple friends of mine.
Friday morning came with a text message. Carl's plane had been delayed, and our Friday morning meeting would not be happening. I breathed a sigh of relief, called my friends to let them know they didn't need to be bodyguards after all, and ended up having a lovely morning spending time with Katie Joy. That night at our movie night, we giggled as girls at the craziness of it all. Heading home to get some sleep before a full day of work, I randomly checked my Facebook messages, only to find a message that made it rather hard to sleep.
This guy I was supposed to meet that morning had reached out, and although he admitted to the craziness of it all, he wanted to come visit my church on Sunday morning. If I didn't mind?
You don't tell people they can't come to church...
(Part two is found here: Love story: Part 2)
Comments
Post a Comment