Our Love Story (Part Two)
This post picks up where the last one left off...
With Carl and I anticipating, wondering, and both thinking
We must be absolutely crazy to agree to meet each other.
Saturday passed rather slowly if I remember correctly. We messaged back and forth just a bit to set up where and when to meet at church the next morning. He would meet me before my 8am Sunday school class.
Sunday morning arrived with more calm than anticipated. I was nervous, but also at peace. I arrived at church just a bit early, and had dear Eileen pray with me before he arrived. Lauren and I were chatting when he walked in the door, and I decided I should probably go say hi. It was just before class, so we introduced ourselves, shook hands, and found our seats. His handshake was firm, so that was in his favor. :)
We ended up spending most of the day together, till he had to leave mid-afternoon...but it was a busy day: church and then a lunch meeting with my Community group to get ready for a presentation. He seemed content to tag along, and we managed to squeeze in about ten minutes of conversation just for us. We said goodbye, he said he'd be in touch, and I left thinking "well, at least there weren't any red flags." I really had NO idea what to expect next.
Well, he had a lot to process, and a plane ride to do it on. (I'm glad I wasn't in his shoes!) The next day I discovered a message he sent late Sunday night telling me it was great to meet me. He explained that his desire in life is to be in the center of God's will, so he wanted to take a week or two to seek Him about all this before he would say or do anything further. The message made me smile (and does to this day), and at this point I realized this relationship (if you could call it that!) might actually be going somewhere. I thanked him for being so clear in his communication, and so obviously taking the steps to lead, and with a couple more clarifying questions we both settled in to a time of intense praying and waiting on the Lord.
We ended up spending most of the day together, till he had to leave mid-afternoon...but it was a busy day: church and then a lunch meeting with my Community group to get ready for a presentation. He seemed content to tag along, and we managed to squeeze in about ten minutes of conversation just for us. We said goodbye, he said he'd be in touch, and I left thinking "well, at least there weren't any red flags." I really had NO idea what to expect next.
Well, he had a lot to process, and a plane ride to do it on. (I'm glad I wasn't in his shoes!) The next day I discovered a message he sent late Sunday night telling me it was great to meet me. He explained that his desire in life is to be in the center of God's will, so he wanted to take a week or two to seek Him about all this before he would say or do anything further. The message made me smile (and does to this day), and at this point I realized this relationship (if you could call it that!) might actually be going somewhere. I thanked him for being so clear in his communication, and so obviously taking the steps to lead, and with a couple more clarifying questions we both settled in to a time of intense praying and waiting on the Lord.
Part 3 picks up here: Our Love Story (Part Three)
Comments
Post a Comment