The Story Behind Her Eyes

Wait,
When did those eyes staring back at me change?
When did the girl become a woman?
There's a story behind her eyes.

Was it when she realized love hurts...
But is still SO worth it?
When the world became a little more black than white?

Was it when life became a series of routine days?
When joy became a choice?
Or, I know,
When the perfect walls came crashing down?

Actually, no, I don't know.
When does the face of a girl change?

Behind the story in her eyes,
I still see joy.
Still see the girl inside.
She's just . . . aware.

Aware that joy is a choice,
Love is a choice.
Hard choices,
Worthy choices.

Her smile comes from the inside.
Beauty shines as she chooses each day:
Christ rules this life.
May His glory shine.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)