Thoughts of a Recovering Addict pt. 2

In church this morning we talked about pornography.  Heavy stuff.  However, I came out of church encouraged and thankful.  Almost in tears because of how overwhelmed I was (and still am) by the grace of God!

I was reminded of this post from back in November: Thoughts of a Recovering Addict.  I won't tell the story again (you can read it), but Pastor Keith hit the nail on the head when he said,
"A woman needs to feel something, and so her porn might be in words that touch her emotionally--romance novels that portray the ideals of new love, depicting a woman being swept off her feet by a hero."  
 I applaud him for saying that, because

...That's my story...

And I know I wouldn't be where I am today if God had not, in His marvelous grace, provided me with a wake up call like the one Pastor Keith offered this morning.

Because, I can tell you right now, it's a sneaky addiction.  It doesn't look that wrong!  It's just a book (or to be more accurate, hundreds of them), and everyone reads them . . . so why would it be a problem?  But I'm not writing today to convince you reading romance novels is wrong . . .

No, I'm writing, because I want to testify to the great grace of God!  That sin in your life you
think you could never overcome?  HE can.  That thing you think you could never do without?  Through HIM, it's possible.

I really can't find the words to describe to you how incredible this freedom I've found in Christ is.  But I shall try . . . He is FAITHFUL!  And by His grace, dear ones, Jesus made a way for us to break free from our bondage to sin and instead walk in newness of life!  In freedom, in joy, and without shame.  He's broken the chains and set me free!  And He will for you too, if you will come and surrender . . .

"Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass."                                                                                                                         ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:24


Lastly, in case you're interested, I wanted to include the link to today's sermon audio: The Porn Supremacy, which I highly recommend (be forewarned, though, my pastor gave it a PG-13 rating).

May Jesus be lifted high as Victor in our lives, and may we find forever JOY in living for His glory!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes