A Plea
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word."
~2 Thessalonians 2:16-17~
I'm so thankful these days for eternal comfort and good hope. The world is uncertain. God is not. My future is not. And I know that the future I have to look forward to is SO BRIGHT! That is where I find rest and hope.
Why?
Because God has worked, through Christ, to reconcile me to Himself. And that gives me reason to hope, reason to rejoice, reason to be comforted! He has given me the gift of eternal life...life forever with Him.
As I rejoice in these truths though, my heart also weighs heavy inside me. For I know that although "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them..." (2 Cor. 5:19). Not everyone chooses to receive that reconciliation. He has given us all a choice. And I can't imagine facing these days without Him.
Are you reconciled to God, friend? Death is something we are all thinking about more often these days. Do you KNOW where you'll be when you die? Do you have the hope of life forever with the God of all glory and power who LOVES you?
If you don't, I have the privilege of being one of many ambassadors for Christ, and "as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).
That is my plea. That you would consider Christ. Consider the gift of reconciliation to God. And not wait till it is too late to make the decision to accept His gift of reconciliation. If you have any questions, there's nothing I would love to talk with you about more!
Comments
Post a Comment