4.9.20

I'm memorizing parts of Psalm 56 with a friend right now,
And the last two verses go:

"Your vows are binding upon me, O God; 
I will render thank offerings to You.
For You have delivered my soul from death, 
Indeed my feet from stumbling, 
So that I may walk before God 
In the light of the living"
(vs. 12-13 NASB).

God deserves praise and thanksgiving,
And He calls us to it.

I think He must know our souls need it.
It's a reminder of our dependence.
And hasn't much of life been that recently?
A reminder that we are not in control...
As we so often like to think we are?

I am thankful.
Thankful to be reminded to more daily walk 
In dependence on the Lord.
The struggles grow us, friends!
And while I'm looking forward to the day
Grocery shopping will be more enjoyable than stressful again,
I'm thankful for grocery stores,
And I'm thankful for God's provision 
of so much more than what we need to eat to survive!

I'm thankful for times to rest.
Thankful for journals and Bibles,
Thankful for words of truth expressed in song,
Thankful for sunshine,
Seeds popping up in our garden,
A beautiful pink blooming crabapple tree,
Answers to prayer,
Encouraging news.

I'm thankful for a God who is present with us.
Thankful for His provision of life for my body and soul
For the breath He is giving me right now...
For His provision of guidance and wisdom,
For His preserving me in Christ, 
Keeping my foot from stumbling,
So that I may walk before Him blameless.

That is such a gift!

I'm thankful for time to remember this week,
The sacrifice of the cross,
And the empty tomb!
Thankful to serve a RISEN Savior!
His life, imparts life,
And I am so blessed 
He has chosen to impart that life to me.

I'm thankful for Jesus, friends.
Thankful for how He created this world 
And is holding it together.
He's not finished with us yet!
(Colossians 1: 12-23; Philippians 1:6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes