3.26.20
It's uncertain times we're living in.
And they make me all the more thankful for the certainty of God.
That He is.
That He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. (Heb. 11:6)
That He loves the world.
Enough He sent His son to die.
That all who believe in Him will not perish.
Instead they'll have eternal life. (John 3:16)
That He is our refuge.
Our strength.
Our VERY present help in trouble.
And so we don't need to fear when the earth changes... (Psalm 46)
And it sure is changing isn't it?
Daily sometimes it seems,
Or faster.
It reminds me of the gift of a God in whom there is no change.
No shifting shadow. (James 1:17)
And that is where my hope lies.
All that is true of Him is true all the time.
Even now.
Especially now.
Praise Him!
Don't think I've got it all together,
I still have my moments (and days) of worry and fear!
But these truths are what I just keep coming back to again and again.
But these truths are what I just keep coming back to again and again.
They are what my soul and heart desperately need.
And I would guess that yours does too.
So for these moments I wanted to focus in on them,
And also on the other things I'm thankful for right now...
Today I praise God for...
Who He is
Beautiful warm and sunshiny weather
Gardening
Cooking
Reading
Facetime-it's such a sweet way to be able to stay connected!
Earl Grey Tea
Energy
Laughter
Snuggles
A healthy baby
Birds singing
Clocks ticking
His Word
Good books
Songs filled with truth
Friends
Family
Prayer
Piano
Life
&
Eternal life.
What's on your list of things to praise the Giver of every good gift for?
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."
~James 1:17
Comments
Post a Comment