8.22.19
Today I've been thinking about how thankful I am
for the Word of God.
Psalm 19: 7-11 says:
"The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure,
making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure,
enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is clean,
enduring forever;
the rules of the Lord are true,
and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey
and drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward" (ESV).
And that's just one section of verses on the Word of God.
There are so many more...
Talking about how it is profitable for
Doctrine, reproof, correction, training in righteousness,
How it is a light to our feet
And a lamp to our path...
I am thankful for the Word of God.
And to go along with that,
I'm thankful to have been taught the value of God's Word,
I'm thankful to have been taught the value of God's Word,
Not just in words,
But through actions.
I'm thankful I was brought up in a home
Where I knew my parents were spending time
In the Word of God regularly,
And where I was encouraged to do the same.
I'm thankful for funny stories about how I emphasized
The word "dust" in Psalm 103,
When I was taught to recite it by memory before I could read.
I'm thankful for the Word of God,
Thankful for it's refreshing and renewing
Work in my life.
Thankful to have been taught to make it a priority young,
And thankful for the freedom I have
To read it, speak it, sing it,
study it.
We talked on Sunday about how little the Word of God is engaged with
On a regular basis among those who are evangelical Christians,
This makes my heart sad,
Because friends,
I know,
I would not be where I am today without God's Word.
I know it's power to heal my heart,
and to give light to the dark paths of this life...
Are you reading it?
Please do.
It's value is immeasurable.
The verses above say it's more to be desired than gold!
I'm thankful God's spoken to us,
And that He's done so in a book
Called the Bible,
So that we can continually come back to His Words,
For they are TRUTH.
And oh how we need them!
Praise Him.
Comments
Post a Comment