7.12.18
Life passes quickly away,
Have you noticed that?
So quickly we drift from one day to the next,
And if we don't purpose to fix our mind on heavenly things,
Don't purpose to give thanks,
The opportunities are many that we lose.
I so easily get distracted by the "stuff" of this life,
But God is worthy of all glory,
And I want to continually purpose to remember that,
To "speak of the praise of the Lord"
And to remember His presence in my day-to-day.
So this practice of giving thanks is one way I seek to do that.
To spread His praise abroad.
How do you seek to remember Him daily?
To live a life that revolves around His praise?
I'd love to know.
But I was supposed to be recounting blessings... :D
Heavenly Father,
I praise you today for...
Marriage-
And the gift of celebrating almost two years-
learning to live together for Your glory with Carl.
Protecting my brother last weekend.
Thank You that You aren't finished with him yet.
Giving me grace when I stress and fret and don't trust You.
Teaching me how to live-
Truly LIVE.
Truly LIVE.
Words of life and truth,
And people who faithfully speak them.
Simple things-
Water,
A laundry machine,
Books,
Music,
Wooden things,
Clothes,
Pillows.
Friends to talk about what we're learning and being challenged in with,
To walk this journey of life with,
And grow together as we seek to follow You.
My church-
The work of grace You are doing in each one,
And how You bond us together at the cross,
Through the gospel.
5 minutes goes quickly sometimes...
But taking 5 minutes to remember to praise happens more often.
And it's always a good reminder of how very much I've been blessed.
Comments
Post a Comment