Self-sufficient

Need.
Would it be safe to say we all have
... a bit of a ...
love/hate relationship with that word?

Needs are core to human existence.
We are needy people.
We don't like to think so,
But we are.

Having our needs met though...
makes us happy,
Even things that are more 
"supposed" needs...
Maybe especially those.

It's crazy to think about someone or something living without any need,
And that is exactly who our God is.

Acts 17:24-25 says so:

"The God who made the world and all things in it,
Since He is Lord of heaven and earth,
Does not dwell in temples made with hands;
Nor is He served by human hands, 
As though He needed anything,
Since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things."


He has no needs,
And yet He is the one who meets all of our needs.
We can depend on Him to do so.

"And my God will supply all your needs
According to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
~Phil. 4:19

He doesn't even need sleep!  
That astounds me the most! 

How thankful I am,
though,
That I serve a God without need.

Ponder for a minute:
When you put the weight of your need on someone,
What happens to that relationship?
Particularly when they can't come through?



Strain.
Tension.
Arguments.
Discontent.
Contention.
Bitterness.

Need I say more?

Often when people aren't coming through,
In the way that we're depending on them to,
We are willing to do just about anything to convince them to do what we "need" them to.

If God needed things from us,
Would that give us bargaining power with Him?
I don't see how it couldn't....

How thankful I am then,
That He is a God who needs nothing from anyone!
Not only does His self-sufficiency provide the basis for a strong relationship with Him,
But it also means I don't have to worry about other's influencing Him.
He's the one in charge,
He calls the shots,
ALWAYS!
For He needs nothing.

There's a whole lot of rest in that!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes