Incomprehensible
"Oh the depths of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgements and unfathomable His ways!
For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor?
Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to Him again?
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever.
Amen."
~Romans 11:33-36~
"I will extol You, my God, O King, and I will bless Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and highly to be praised, and His greatness is unsearchable."
~Psalm 145:1-3~
"Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite."
~Psalm 147:5
Consider with me for a moment the bigness of these words describing my God.
Unsearchable.
Unfathomable.
Abundant.
Infinite.
This God I serve is so huge that we cannot search Him out,
Well, we can,
But we will never fully be able to search out His greatness and majesty.
He is beyond what we can even begin to fathom.
His ways and thoughts are not like ours.
(Isaiah 55:8-9)
He is abundant-
overflowing in fullness.
And He is infinite-
knowing no limits.
Truly this God is incomprehensible.
And as the incomprehensible God,
He is worthy of praise.
But you know another wonderfully beautiful thing?
His incomprehensibility does not mean that He cannot be known.
Merely that we cannot know Him fully.
He is like an endless sea full of sunken treasure chests,
That we have the wonderful privilege of getting to discover-
From now throughout all eternity!
In His Word,
In His creation,
In the person of Christ,
In His Word,
In His creation,
In the person of Christ,
He has chosen to make Himself known to us.
The incomprehensible has stooped down
to show little pieces of His amazing character,
to show little pieces of His amazing character,
To the comprehensible.
We are that you know.
No, not to each other-
At least not fully.
But to God?
He possesses infinite knowledge,
We're completely comprehended.
Scary thought?
Maybe...
Until I consider two things,
1. He is good.
Look back at the verses at the top of this post.
God, the incomprehensible,
is praised.
He's not avoided,
He's extolled.
He is good.
James 1 calls Him the Father of Lights,
The Giver of every good and perfect gift,
The One in whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
Despite the fact that I do not know Him in His fullness,
From what I do know,
I can know that all He is,
is good.
There's comfort in that.
2. He has chosen.
This incomprehensible God did not have to reveal any portion of His nature to us,
But He did.
He did not have to offer up His Son as a sinless sacrifice for our redemption,
But He did.
He did not have to choose me as His daughter,
But He did.
1 Corinthians 1 tells us how in God's infinite wisdom,
He made knowledge of Him foolish to the world.
In His wisdom, the world did not come to know Him,
The message of the cross,
of salvation,
is considered foolishness to many.
But to those of us God chose to save,
Those He is saving,
The word of the cross is power-
The power of the incomprehensible, infinite God unleashed.
And He chose the weak,
The foolish,
The base,
The despised...
So that He might receive glory.
No, the world may not see us as much...
But Christ saw us as worth dying for.
And it is "by His doing you are in Christ Jesus,
Who became to us wisdom from God,
And righteousness,
And sanctification,
And redemption,
so that just as it is written,
'LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."
~1 Corinthians 1:30-31~
God, the incomprehensible,
Has chosen us,
The comprehensible,
IN our weakness,
and placed us,
IN Christ,
And not only that,
but placed Himself,
IN us!
And that is a mystery,
Hidden for ages,
And now revealed!
(Col. 1: 26-27)
WOW!
What other glorious mysteries have we yet to uncover?
(I don't know about you,
But I cannot wait to find out!)
Comments
Post a Comment