2.9.17
Today I can't help but think about this day last year,
The day I figured out Carl was coming to surprise me,
And propose.
Needless to say, the surprise didn't quite work.
But as I think about the things I'm thankful for,
This past year is near the top of the list.
It's definitely had it's challenges,
But I'm thankful for a year of knowing the one I get to love,
Above all others on this earth,
Till Jesus comes back!
But to put that in perspective,
Top of the list is definitely:
The gospel of Christ.
That He lived,
perfectly,
Then died and rose again.
All to establish the new covenant...
Where it is His work,
Not mine,
That gives me right standing,
Before the throne of the Majesty on high.
Now that's something to be thankful for!
In other news of things I'm praising God for this fine Thursday:
Water,
Mail,
Birthday mail to be exact! :)
Signs with written truth,
Art,
Creativity,
Sunshine,
70's this weekend??
Dried flowers,
New recipes,
Baths,
Hot showers,
The ability to learn,
The Bible.
Languages,
Cultures,
Life,
Babies,
Children,
Grown ups,
Elderly people,
The gateway of death to heaven...
(A great aunt died this week, I'm thankful to know where she's going).
Music,
And the chance I get to share it as a teacher!
Comments
Post a Comment