CELTA: Check. Sustaining Grace: CHECK!


For those of you who may not know, a few weeks ago I finished up 4 weeks of just about drowning in school work as I attempted to fit in a month long intensive training course in ESL before the wedding.  There were many times I wanted to quit, but God's sustaining grace kept me going.  And it's official folks, I passed!  I am a CELTA graduate.  (<-that sentence may well be the largest accomplishment of my life thus far.)  

But you know what?  More than being a CELTA graduate, this month helped me see my true identity with a clearer gaze.  There's nothing like having so much to do you're sure you can't get it done, praying for the strength and wisdom to somehow make it through, and seeing God answer those prayers day-in and day-out.  Physically spent and mentally exhausted, I realized more this month than ever before that I am a weak woman indwelled by an all powerful God.  

In that place of utter weakness, I found grace to carry me through.  In the moments I felt like giving up, the tender love of my heavenly Father sent encouragement to keep me going.  In the midst of having my teaching and interpersonal skills assessed, my identity remained sealed as a daughter of the King.  And in my lowest of moments, the body of Christ carried me to the throne of grace with their prayers.  

For both Carl and I, this month has been such a tribute to the greatness of God coming through in our weakness.  Words won't begin to describe how it felt to walk into a day where I knew I had to teach feeling physically faint.  Or the struggle of coming home mentally exhausted but still needing to prepare a lesson and finish a written assignment.  Or standing in front of a class without enough activities prepared and needing to scramble for things to do to fill the time.  In these and many more scenarios, God saw me through.  The Giver of wisdom was my constant guide!

When I wanted to quit, others told me I'm not a quitter...I'm not so sure that's true.  But what I do know is this, I've got an all-powerful and immensely personal God, and when He calls one of His children to do something He's the one that provides the resources to carry it through.  Sometimes those resources come through abundantly, and sometimes He gives just the exact amount of grace needed to get by, but never, ever, ever, does He leave His children standing alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes