Lines from Last Year's April Journal

6.  Oh Jesus,
You know all that’s running through my head…its all a little crazy.  But God, You are in control.  Fix my gaze on You.  May my focus in all of this remain fixed.  You are the Beloved One of my heart.

7.  Well, my Jesus, It looks like I’m probably actually going to meet this guy.  C.  I pray, Lord, that You would give me a heart of love and grace as I think about and enter into this meeting Friday.  Keep my eyes fixed on You, and on Your gospel.  Lord, You are good.  Thank You for being the One who sovereignly directs our lives.  Because You are the Lord of my life and C’s life, I know we can trust You to work in this meeting or not meeting for Your honor and glory.

8.  Thank You for my friends, Jesus!  Encourage their hearts with Your gospel.

10.  Today just feels a little crazy, and I really have no idea what I’m getting myself into, but You are my God, and its in You I trust, in You I hope.

11.  This life, Jesus…I do have to wonder what You’re thinking through this all.

12.  Jesus,
Today I am Yours, and forever I am Yours.  Keep refocusing my gaze on You, the great and mighty One.

13.  Jesus, I love You…and I’m grateful to be Your beloved.  Father, it’s a delight to be Your daughter.  Holy Spirit, thank You for living inside me…guiding directing, and enabling me to walk in Your paths.

16.  This morning I came to the place of just knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that this friendship is from You…and no matter what comes, You are working in and through it.

17.  As he studies Your Word, reveal more and more of Your character and Your gospel to him, and may that cause him to praise Your name.
Later…
In his quest for knowledge, may he run into You someday.

18.  Thank You for being bigger than me…thank You that Your ways and thoughts are higher than mine.

21.  Encourage her heart in You, Jesus.  Lord, be my sister’s strength and song.

22.  Seriously, it was so funny.  I had told K she could pray he’d contact me soon just this afternoon…and then commented that maybe I just need more patience.  Well, Your sense of humor, Lord?  That he sent me a message just hours later?

23.  Lord, don’t let me just depend on him for that, though!  Continue to work just between the two of us an ever-deepening, living, breathing, intimate relationship.


27.  May I find all the rest I need in You and Your Word.  Speak Your Words of life into my soul, and refresh me in who You are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes