Lines from Last Year's February Journal

As I start to review the year and what God has done, January's journal is MIA.  So instead I'm starting with February.  It's been a crazy year, but I'm looking forward to this time spent looking back, and reflecting on what my Savior has done as He continually works to perfect the work He has started in me.  It is my hope and prayer that this peak inside my walk with Him will draw you closer to the Savior and His glorious gospel!

5.  Jesus,
You are the Lover of my soul.  You are the Keeper of this heart.  Grant wisdom in relationships I pray.  Thank You for Your love.

6.  I feel…I don’t know, stagnant?  Just kind of ugly, unsure of myself, without direction.  Useless.  I need Your grace today.  Everyday, actually. 
I don’t want to just float through life.  I want to live with purpose.  Not shallow, but not so confident to come across as a know it all.  Oh Jesus, I want this life to be of some use! 

Oh Jesus,
These kids tonight…it was a mess.  They were driving us a little crazy.  The things I heard come out of that 8 year olds mouth…its sad.  Because truthfully, they probably don’t really know any better . . . The rest of them seemed to calm and enjoy when we sang “Jesus Loves Me.”  She screamed.  Oh Lord, win that child’s heart . . . Lord, may Your love intervene and make a difference in their lives.

7.  Jesus, Be near this day?

9.  It feels like it could be a long week, Lord.  There’s part of me that just so wants Wednesday to be over with and done, yet I also am dreading that day and its outcome.  And wondering…what will we do when its over?!?  I know we will continue on, and You will grant the strength and grace we need, but its hard to focus on the tasks of the day in some ways.

You are our great God.  The Mighty, all-sufficient One.

11.  Jesus, today we need You.  Keep our gaze fixed on who You are…not just today, but every day.  Make clear the paths before our feet.  Still her heart this morning.  May she find rest and strength in You!  Courage, Lord, we all need it.  Enable us to be gracious and extend love.

12.  The faith of children can be so astounding sometimes.  Would You grant me faith like that?  To see and claim Your promises as mine without fear.

16.  Continue to guard my heart as I walk forward?  Keep me from giving away too much too fast.  Keep me guarded but loving, and lead us both in the way in which we should go.  Lord, I do surrender this relationship to You.  I want what will bring You the most glory.  I want to fall deeper in love with Jesus and grow closer and more intimate with the glorious truths of Your gospel.
Draw me close, Jesus?  And if together he and I would make a more dynamic team for building Your kingdom, then continue to open doors and lead us forward.  If, however, we would only serve to distract each other, then close doors and lead us away from each other.  You are the God of the universe, and the God of my life.  Guide me in today, Jesus!

18.  May their lives be a true testament to what it means to be a living sacrifice.  Lord, as they face death with confidence, may their persecutors know and see ever so clearly that there is something different about their lives, something pure, beautiful, and desirable.  I pray that the peace filled lives of believers would stand in marked contrast to the craziness, and that those around them would see, take notice, and be drawn to Jesus.

Root out what is selfish and worldly in me, and fill me with the love of the cross.

21.  I want to be constant and true in my love for others, Lord.  I was so challenged by the character of Molly Gibson.  No matter what hardships came her way she consistently put others ahead of herself.  Would You make me a woman like that, Jesus?  That others may see my good works and glorify our Father in heaven?  I want to be a brightly shining light for the kingdom.

22.  Use us as catalysts in each others lives to push each other into You.  If we would serve as distractions in each others lives instead of a team better suited for Your kingdom work, then kindly, gently, lead us away from each other.  Yet, if You can use us better together, open doors for love to blossom.  Your love.

23.  Show me how to walk forward in Kingslove, perfect love, the love of God that casts out fear.


25.  I continue to pray, Lord, that You would root out the bitterness and anger in her heart and replace it with a grace-filled love.  Be her victory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes