THANKSGIVING
It's Thursday...
but not just any thursday.
Today is Thanksgiving,
A day we set aside for the giving of thanks.
So I guess today,
I should be especially thankful...
But why?
Why today?
Why today more than any other day?
I'm thankful it's a reminder to be thankful...
But I also don't want to just do that today.
I want to practice living a life of thanksgiving.
Not just one day a year,
But each day of the year.
Today is nevertheless,
a special day,
One I look forward to,
And a great reminder for when I forget...
So today,
Seeing that it's Thursday...
a day I have set aside to remember
to practice
praise.
And it's also Thanksgiving,
A day our nation has set aside
for counting our blessings,
I do praise Jesus for:
Time with family.
Abundant life.
Walks, holding hands.
Listening to others lists of thanks.
Cool, brisk air.
My Savior's life given.
Prayer.
Carl.
Water.
Working together in the kitchen.
Skyping far away family.
Sweet fellowship.
Sleep.
Touch.
Hugs.
Breath.
Comments
Post a Comment