10.1.15

"I'm so thankful I live in a world where there are Octobers."
~L.M. Montgomery

Today's thankful Thursday post is going to be a bit different.  See instead of a list, I'm going to tell you about one thing (sort of) that I am super thankful for from these past couple weeks, and how God has been using it in my life.  I'm praising the Lord today for men and women of the faith who have gone before me, and the example of their lives.

I've been working on this project for school on 5 key figures in church history.  It's meant skimming a bunch of biographies over the past week or so...but as I've done that I've been amazed by all I can learn even if I don't really read something!  And I have also come away incredibly humbled and challenged.  I finished up the project last night around 10pm, but I don't want to forget what I've learned...

Did you realize that Fanny Crosby had Genesis-Deuteronomy, most of the New Testament, many Psalms, the Song of Solomon, and quite possibly more than that memorized as a girl?!  This dear lady was blind, yet lived a life of joy that not many can fathom.  Her over 9,000 hymns have been used greatly by our God to touch the lives of countless people.  I can only imagine that He has used her work so greatly because it flowed out of His Word.  

And Hudson Taylor?  He was a man of prayer...and not just prayer, but big, crazy prayers that he believed God would answer.  That man had faith.  

There's much more I could write on these two and the others...but school work is calling my name.  I'm just thankful, thankful for their commitment to Christ, for the ways that God worked through their lives, and for the challenge their lives are to me as I seek to live more and more fully for HIS glory.  I want to learn to pray in faith like Hudson Taylor, and love God's Word like Fanny Crosby.  
He is WORTHY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes