What Gets Your Heart?

What makes your heart break?
What makes you shed real tears?
What makes you fall on your knees and beg God to intervene?

What makes your heart beat?
What makes you persevere despite any cost?
What would you give your life for?

What Gets Your Heart?


Do those questions resonate?  Cause they do for me. I guess another way to ask would be: what is your passion?  But...I think it goes deeper than that.  So what gets your heart? What does your heart beat for?  Yes, what IS your passion?  But why?  What's it worth to you?

There are days I feel like I'm drifting through life without a purpose.  Days it all feels meaningless.  Until something hits me between the eyes to remind me . . .
Duh.
That's what I'm here for.

I end up in a room with a bunch of kiddos.  Kiddos who weren't raised in a family like mine.  And I hear terms come out of their mouths that I cringe to think an eight or three year old would even understand.  And I get told by a girl less than half my age to use hand sanitizer before I touch her brother with my dirty white hands.  And I get hugs and screams and things thrown at me. And I try to make sense of it all, keep order, love, speak truth and grace somehow.  And somehow I muddle through. And I'm driving home.  And it hits me.  

Who could blame them?  
Dear kiddos who've been hurt.
They're confused.
I don't know what they've seen.
God knows, 
I don't want to know what they've seen.
But I hurt for them.
Speak the name of Jesus over them,
and pray for peace.
Beg for healing.
For the God of MERCY to intervene.

Because LOVE is why I'm here.
My life is here as a vessel,
A river,
A door.
To spread the Love of the Kingdom in this world.

And hurting people,
With hard stories,
They get my heart
. . . .
Because Jesus won my heart,
And His love compels me
To love.

Withholding judgement,
Releasing hurtful words.
For who am I?
But grace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes