September from my Year of 22
Tidbits from my journaling's throughout September of 2014.
God sharpens and molds me as I process life on these pages, and I'll be forever thankful!
5~Lord and Father,
Equip me by Your Spirit to live for a Kingdom that is
coming, and not for this world. By the grace and glory of Jesus,
through Your Holy Spirit within me, enable me to live by faith.
In Jesus name,
Amen
6~Only You can love these Isis men like You call us
to...so I pray that You would do that supernaturally through Your
people. Draw their hearts to You!
8~Puffy white clouds against a blue, blue sky.
Cool breeze bantering with suns warm glow.
Crickets in the cornfield;
Cicadas in the treetops.
A few early leaves fluttering down...
Oh, I love fall!
A bee sucks the nectar out of the last of summer's
clover.
Thank You, Lord, for surrounding me with all this
beauty.
Caressing me with the sun's warmth.
Lord, let me rejoice about and be thankful for these
lovely gifts now,
But keep my rejoicing centered in You.
Lord, when life is hard and there are days I can't see
the sun,
Remind me of Your love still.
May You,
Your character,
Your Words
Be what I rejoice in
For they will never fail or fade.
All else will.
Jesus I need You. I love You.
Be my song this day, this week, this year!
~~~~~~~
Realizing how much I need to get on my knees.
Jesus! God! Holy One!
I am SO self-focused.
The world does not revolve around me.
You do not revolve around me.
Who am I kidding?
The God of the universe
Revolve around me?
No.
It's all about You,
You receiving glory.
From my life and all other lives.
Be lifted high, Jesus.
Burn away everything
Everything that's of myself.
Teach me to shine Your glory.
To revel in Your praise.
10~Grant me the strength to live a life poured out for
Your kingdom. Here at the inn, in the mornings at the restaurant,
when doing ministry with Safe Families, and in all the in-between
times.
20~Keep my smile real today? I want to be an instrument
of Your joy in the world, and I can't do that without You.
21~Fix my gaze on Your love. Jesus may You become more
and more all that is dear to me in this world.
22~Lord, do Your work. Bring Your kingdom...may the
Islamic State members see You at work in the world around them and
recognize they're up against a Power they can't defeat.
26~Guard me from judging anyone without knowing their
whole side of the story...and enable me instead to embrace in love
each individual with Your love. An unconditional love. I can't do
it on my own. But that's okay...that's why You sent Jesus.
Comments
Post a Comment