Sin Sick

I really dislike being the kind of sick I can't do anything about.  Laid up in bed until the virus runs it course.  I'd so much rather have  a cold . . . I can fight those.
However, as I lay in bed yesterday...
hoping,
praying to retain liquids...
this thought hit me:

Sin's like this.

Yesterday I had no choice but to rest and trust that God's made my body with an ability to heal.  There was nothing I could do to make myself get better.  Sure I could be wise and not eat chocolate...but even so, I was still sick.

And so it is with sin--the sickness that we've all got.  There's no home remedy we can follow to heal ourselves.  No over the counter medicines.  The only thing that brings healing, that gives us an ability to live an abundant life, is grace.  Undeserved grace.

"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins . . . But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)"
~Ephesians 2:1;4-5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes