Predetermined Yes

That predetermined yes...
You know,
The one we'd rather not have
......predetermined.
But it is,
He's Lord.
Can there be any answer but yes?

Yes through tears;
Yes when there's pain;
Yes to the easy;
Yes to the hard;
Yes.

Wait, that's slavery
You say.
Well, yes.
Yes, it is.
But it's a chosen enslavement.

We're all enslaved.
Shocked?
Shouldn't be.
If someone or something else rules us not,
We rule ourselves.

So I choose yes.
Yes, to His call.
Yes, it hurts at times.
No, it's not easy.
But it's all worth it.
Every.
Single.
Time.

Yes, Lord.

You asked,
You offered.
I said yes,
To Love.

In that Love,
I am enslaved.
My life--
changed.
But no longer,
Enchained.

Saying yes to love and grace,
Now I must extend that same,
Love and grace.

For peace in the sleepless nights,
           Love through the ugliest mistakes,
                      Hope in the hardest trials,
                               Joy in the mundanest of  tasks,
Comes as I give myself up to be
A bond-slave of Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes