2014 in Review: June

2~As our prayer groups start up this week and we put the finishing touches on and serve the nursery workers dinner, would You give us Your heart?  A passion to serve and pour ourselves out?  And Lord, as we spend these next 8 weeks in prayer, would You place the burdens on our heart's that You want us praying for?

5~A month and a day till we leave for Kenya, Lord.  What?! This is sneaking up fast.  But You are in control!  Thank You for that.

6~Thank You for spots like the tree house to come and get away with You.

8~Oh Jesus, It has been a crazy couple of days!  Thank You for seeing me through.  You are good, Lord!

10~Lord, let me always remember that You are so much higher than I and that is a VERY good thing! :)

13~Love more, care less...much easier said than done.

16~Lord, You know how my day began.  An intense, 3 hour phone call is not necessarily my chosen way to start a week!  But You know best.  You are good and faithful!  And I know that in all this I can trust You.

17~Be with M today...comfort her with Your presence, and give her good and healthy connections with others.  I pray that You would encourage her and remind her of good.  Use Your Word to minister to both her spirit and mine.  We need You, Jesus!

18~Lord,
“Justice is turned back, and righteousness stands far away; for truth has stumbled in the street, and uprightness cannot enter.  Yes, truth is lacking; and he who turns aside from evil makes himself a prey.” ~Is. 59: 14-15
But I praise You that You see!  And this is all displeasing in Your sight.
“And He saw that there was no man, and was astonished that there was no one to intercede; then His own arm brought salvation to Him, and His righteousness upheld Him.” ~Is. 59:16
Lord, I need Your righteousness and truth as a shield about me!  I have seen and heard so much wickedness and the affects of it that I am hungry for goodness.  Jesus, show me Your goodness and beauty today.

19~ Lord Jesus, I feel angry toward this man.  I know that has no place in my heart.  I'm sorry...forgive me?  Forgive me for not running to You first.

20~The darkness is weighing heavy again.  I need Your light and love.  Fix my gaze on You!

25~Continually give me the strength and grace to love more, care less...guard my heart.

26~Last night...the fireflies dancing light over the fields while the lightning illuminated the darkest of skies...it was awesome.  A beautiful reminder of how You light up my life.  Even the darkest of corners, even in the darkest of worlds! . . .Jesus, I'm sorry for being forgetful of Your work at the cross in trying to bear the weight of the world”s sin!  You have carried the weight and born the burden already!  Forgive me for not remembering or accepting that fact recently!

27~You are much more than words on a page.  You are my God!  In You I trust.

28~The other day out in the backyard watching the sunset, Addison Road's song, “What Do I Know of Holy” was running through my head.  I'm so thankful that my “knowledge” of the Holy One goes beyond words on a page!  Truly, its a relationship in which I am fully known and loved.  Yet He is so GREAT...painted the sunset!  And yet cares about me?  How awesome!

1 week till Africa!  How crazy!  Keep my eyes fixed on Jesus!  On the cross.
Remind me what really matters.
You are God.
All the earth worships You.
May I be a part of drawing all people into that throng of worshippers!

30~Thank You for meeting me in the middle of intensive lesson planning, and speaking of Your gospel to my heart! Thank You for ageless, cultureless, truth, truth that stretches across all boundary lines, and fills our hearts with joy.  Thank You for the message of the gospel!  For Your love and mercy poured out at the cross in the middle of Your perfect and holy wrath and judgment.  Jesus, thank You for taking my place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes