Happy Birthday Jesus!
Ever since I can remember, it has been a family tradition to write letters to Jesus on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. We stopped doing it as a group activity quite a few years back, but it's a tradition I continue every year, and plan to continue for many years to come. I love the reminder of Who this day is really about. This year, I thought I'd share...may You spend today rejoicing in our Saviour, who is CHRIST the LORD!
Happy Birthday Jesus!
Thank You for the backwards pattern of Your Kingdom. You did not come on that day so long ago expecting to be served and given gifts, but prepared to serve as the greatest Gift. Emmanuel, I delight in Your nearness today! I am blessed, for You have done great things for me. Thank You for Your Life, death, and great, great Love, Jesus! Thank You that You live today. You Live! Inside of me . . . for that I praise Your name.
Love through me today, love of God. Make me Thy clear air, through which, unhindered, colors pass, as if I were not there.*
I love You, Beautiful One. Happy Birthday . . . I'm looking forward to forever!
All my heart,
Allison
*adapted from Amy Carmichael's writings.
Comments
Post a Comment