2014 in Review: March

As I read back over my journals from this past year, I'm reminded of how much work the Lord has needed (and still needs) to do on me.  These words you read are just a small sampling of all that He and I work through on those pages, but may You find the threads of His faithfulness shining brightly in the midst of my weakness and imperfection.  

1~ Help!  Work through me to teach these girls tomorrow, for I feel wholly inadequate, unfocused, and not strong enough!  Show me Jesus in this story so I may better show the girls.
Later....
Thank You, Lord!  You brought this lesson together for me.  I can't take credit for it.  Thank You for penetrating my heart and showing me how I need to work on this in my life.  I'm humbled.  I need You as my Living Water just as much as the girls do.  Refresh me?

2~I'm sorry for turning to the gods of entertainment and other people's attention to fill and fulfill me.  Lord, forgive me for thinking anything else could fill the spot You alone can fill!

I don't want to live in a world of “what ifs,” I want to live in my world today.  Give me the grace to do so, Father, and to do so graciously!

7~Tonight...make us real?  Enable us to see each other through Your eyes?  Give us hearts to love and serve each other as well as those we've been called to lead.  Make our love  genuine, Lord!

I'm so tired of the pain, Lord.  Help.  Jesus, hold me tonight.

8~Thank You for rest~sleep last night.  I needed that, and You provided, thank You.

10~ From a conversation with K, “You won't have to stand in the doorway wondering?”
Lord, if you want me to have this conversation, I trust You'll open the door.

16~Make me Thy fuel, fire of God!  Burn away all that is unholy in me . . . and ever make me more like Jesus.
Lord, whether or not You want me to go to Kenya, I pray that You would daily show me how You want to be great in my smallness.

18~I'm sorry for spending so much time worrying about the future.  It is not a profitable occupation!

19~ “When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.”~Psalm 94:19

21~Thank You, Lord, most especially, for home at the end of the long day.  But actually, most especially, for the home I have in You throughout the long days.


24~Yesterday A said to me, “so I hear you're going to Africa?” . . . Crazy...God has started providing before I even said yes.  I guess that's the confirmation I was asking for!  Thanks Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes