2014 in Review: April + May
April
10~Give me courage to live in humility...the confidence to put others first! Jesus, guard me from becoming so caught up in the everyday duties of life that I forget about the importance of the souls of those around me and around the world.
11~Continue to work contentedness deep in my soul. Grant grace and grace with myself in the midst of the struggle...continue to enable me to love without expectation, and fill me with unshakable trust in You as the Giver of every good and perfect gift!
21~Lord, You know how I'm struggling right now with wanting to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can trust these dear ones are saved...and then feeling guilty for even questioning that. Would You speak peace to my heart? Lord, I remember hearing them talk about what we should and shouldn't do, and encouraging me to memorize Scripture, but I don't remember hearing them talk much about Jesus. And that's what concerns me. So Lord, if they haven't trusted in You for salvation, would You bring them to that point before its too late? And Lord, would You place Your peace in my heart by reminding me of Your sovereignty? I can trust You, Lord, I do believe that.
27~Lord Jesus, use this trip, this morning, this life as a signpost pointing to Your glorious greatness. Make me a blessing, Lord!
In the perfect moments she sends these words, “praying God will fill Your room tonight.” I needed that so much! . . . I want You to keep the pen, Jesus. Write my life story as You see fit, and keep me content and thankful for where You've placed me . . . Don't let this distract me from giving You my all and finding fullness of joy in You!
28~ “In the silence, in the waiting, I know You're sovereign still!”
But Lord, You are not silent. You've given me a whole wonderful book of Your Words! Words of life and truth. Thank You!
29~Teach me, Lord, how to take instruction as something to learn from and an opportunity to grow rather than an attack on me as a person. Develop in me a gentle and quiet spirit, Lord!
May
1~God, You are good. Thank You for all the answered prayers! The quorum, clear communication, B's joy...
9~And in the middle of all this crazy,
Jesus teach me You are amazing!
Thank You for moms!
I'm blown away by all they do.
And Lord teach me what it looks like to be a good mom...to point little ones eyes to You . . . Thank You for T&J and the learning opportunity it is having them here. I pray that You would teach me more of Your love...selfless love...during this time.
11~The peaceful quiet of my room is lovely tonight. Stillness...it is a treasure.
In the midst of the screaming and tears though, Lord, show me the gospel! Teach me how to display Your gospel in my interactions with disobedient kiddos.
18~Truth of the matter is...being selfless is hard. I'm not ready to give up the quiet of my home again, Lord. I don't feel well, and I just want to sleep! Grant wisdom in knowing how to take care of myself so that I can be the employee & daughter & helper I'm called to be, but not baby myself out of self pity. Lord Jesus, change my heart!
. . . As I was in the middle of feeling overwhelmed and not ready, You were making a way for us to have another 24 hours of peace and quiet in our home without the boys. In the middle of my selfishness, You extend grace. And I love You so much for it. Thank You! That though You don't promise the road will be easy, You walk with us on it, and always provide just what we need!
I want to be seen as beautiful...yet so often I realize I'm not! Cover me with Yourself, Jesus...I need You!
23~Oh my Lord,
When was it that the Father poured out His wrath on You? And why did You do that for me? You paid a price I could never pay. You won the victory! And now You're sitting in heaven, always interceding for me. You deserve all the glory. My life, my all, my love.
When did the devil realize You'd conquered? What was it like to rise from the grave? Jesus, You're reigning in heaven...I want You to reign here below. Why did You choose to redeem us? How can You love us so? I want You to have my heart, Lord, and the hearts of everyone else I know.
10~Give me courage to live in humility...the confidence to put others first! Jesus, guard me from becoming so caught up in the everyday duties of life that I forget about the importance of the souls of those around me and around the world.
11~Continue to work contentedness deep in my soul. Grant grace and grace with myself in the midst of the struggle...continue to enable me to love without expectation, and fill me with unshakable trust in You as the Giver of every good and perfect gift!
21~Lord, You know how I'm struggling right now with wanting to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can trust these dear ones are saved...and then feeling guilty for even questioning that. Would You speak peace to my heart? Lord, I remember hearing them talk about what we should and shouldn't do, and encouraging me to memorize Scripture, but I don't remember hearing them talk much about Jesus. And that's what concerns me. So Lord, if they haven't trusted in You for salvation, would You bring them to that point before its too late? And Lord, would You place Your peace in my heart by reminding me of Your sovereignty? I can trust You, Lord, I do believe that.
27~Lord Jesus, use this trip, this morning, this life as a signpost pointing to Your glorious greatness. Make me a blessing, Lord!
In the perfect moments she sends these words, “praying God will fill Your room tonight.” I needed that so much! . . . I want You to keep the pen, Jesus. Write my life story as You see fit, and keep me content and thankful for where You've placed me . . . Don't let this distract me from giving You my all and finding fullness of joy in You!
28~ “In the silence, in the waiting, I know You're sovereign still!”
But Lord, You are not silent. You've given me a whole wonderful book of Your Words! Words of life and truth. Thank You!
29~Teach me, Lord, how to take instruction as something to learn from and an opportunity to grow rather than an attack on me as a person. Develop in me a gentle and quiet spirit, Lord!
May
1~God, You are good. Thank You for all the answered prayers! The quorum, clear communication, B's joy...
9~And in the middle of all this crazy,
Jesus teach me You are amazing!
Thank You for moms!
I'm blown away by all they do.
And Lord teach me what it looks like to be a good mom...to point little ones eyes to You . . . Thank You for T&J and the learning opportunity it is having them here. I pray that You would teach me more of Your love...selfless love...during this time.
11~The peaceful quiet of my room is lovely tonight. Stillness...it is a treasure.
In the midst of the screaming and tears though, Lord, show me the gospel! Teach me how to display Your gospel in my interactions with disobedient kiddos.
18~Truth of the matter is...being selfless is hard. I'm not ready to give up the quiet of my home again, Lord. I don't feel well, and I just want to sleep! Grant wisdom in knowing how to take care of myself so that I can be the employee & daughter & helper I'm called to be, but not baby myself out of self pity. Lord Jesus, change my heart!
. . . As I was in the middle of feeling overwhelmed and not ready, You were making a way for us to have another 24 hours of peace and quiet in our home without the boys. In the middle of my selfishness, You extend grace. And I love You so much for it. Thank You! That though You don't promise the road will be easy, You walk with us on it, and always provide just what we need!
I want to be seen as beautiful...yet so often I realize I'm not! Cover me with Yourself, Jesus...I need You!
23~Oh my Lord,
When was it that the Father poured out His wrath on You? And why did You do that for me? You paid a price I could never pay. You won the victory! And now You're sitting in heaven, always interceding for me. You deserve all the glory. My life, my all, my love.
When did the devil realize You'd conquered? What was it like to rise from the grave? Jesus, You're reigning in heaven...I want You to reign here below. Why did You choose to redeem us? How can You love us so? I want You to have my heart, Lord, and the hearts of everyone else I know.
Comments
Post a Comment