Near the Midnight Hour

Sleep evades.
LOVE which doth not sleep,
Is beating in this heart of mine.
Not I,
But Christ lives in me.
The life I live,
I no longer live in the flesh.

Spirit of the Living God,
I know You are alive tonight.

As sleep evades,
I think of those others who may not be sleeping,
Cannot be sleeping.
I pray for rest.
I beg for mercy.
But more than that, I cry out for GLORY.
Your name's fame, Jesus.

All equal
At the foot of the cross.
Level ground.
No sinner and saint,
Just us, needing Jesus,
Because we've all got bloodstained hands,
Now He's got bloodstained hands.
He's taken it.

"It is finished."

Is it?
Yes.
Stop striving.

And so I leave the burdens here,
In the hands of mercy.
I take those hands,
Learn to dance.
Learn to pray.
Learn to love.

Bloodstained hands of mercy,
Staining my hands white as snow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes