Stories...Because He's Worthy
Yesterday in church, we watched and listened as one of Keystone's family members shared his story of once being a violent drug dealer, and how the Lord has worked in changing his life. It was a hard but beautiful story to hear. Afterwards, Pastor Keith was sharing about how God often uses stories like that in powerful ways because people think that if God can save someone like that, if He can love someone like that, then He can love and save them too. As I sat there and listened to all this, I was once again amazed at the power of my God to take lives and turn them around, but I was wrestling with this question: "Lord, why me?"
See...I don't have a crazy story. I grew up in a "Christian" home. I first asked Jesus to save me at the age of three! I can't point to my life before and after becoming a Christ-follower and say, "See the difference?!" This is not by any means to say that I am not a sinner who needs the Righteous One's sacrifice. I need Jesus to save me just as much as a violent drug dealer! I recognize that. I've been broken by that.
However, for me, life has been a much more gradual process of sanctification, as from a very young age God has been at work shaping and growing my heart. There was a point in my life that I wished I had more of a "crazy" story. But I don't wish for that anymore. I've had the amazing privilege of walking through life with Jesus...learning and growing each step of the way. I'm thankful.
Then the worship team started playing the last song, and as we sang the words, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, Holy, holy is He..." the Spirit of the Living God whispered to my heart, "This is why. Because I am worthy of praise and glory and worship of all people. Yours included."
Wow . . . HE IS WORTHY. And it matters not whether my story will be used in a powerful way or not, all that matters is that He receive worship from my life, from every life. Precious, beautiful, humbling thought.
I'm thankful. . . thankful that instead of one day bowing my knee in worship because I realize how wrong I've been all along, I've been given the privilege of bowing my life in worship of the only ONE who has ever been worthy of all glory, honor, and praise!
Comments
Post a Comment