Trust
"Close your eyes."
Eyes go shut.
"Ok, you can look."
Open eyes again look up at the screen.
I watched a movie the other day with some friends. I'd never seen it before, didn't know what was coming. From her description, though, I knew there were images in it I wouldn't want in my head. She knew too, and promised to warn me. So we sat side-by-side. Whispered exchange of when to look & when not. I did what she told me to, without question.
Implicit trust.
Beautiful.
She knew what was coming. I didn't. She also knows me. So I trusted, and came away without having seen anything violent that would give me nightmares.
God's like that. He know's what is coming when we don't. He also knows us...far better than any human ever could! So we can rest in Him. We can walk through life, depending on His Spirit's guidance each step of the way.
Implicit trust.
Beautiful!
Eyes go shut.
"Ok, you can look."
Open eyes again look up at the screen.
I watched a movie the other day with some friends. I'd never seen it before, didn't know what was coming. From her description, though, I knew there were images in it I wouldn't want in my head. She knew too, and promised to warn me. So we sat side-by-side. Whispered exchange of when to look & when not. I did what she told me to, without question.
Implicit trust.
Beautiful.
She knew what was coming. I didn't. She also knows me. So I trusted, and came away without having seen anything violent that would give me nightmares.
God's like that. He know's what is coming when we don't. He also knows us...far better than any human ever could! So we can rest in Him. We can walk through life, depending on His Spirit's guidance each step of the way.
Implicit trust.
Beautiful!
Love.
ReplyDelete