An Overview of 2013: July
7~ “We channel
God’s grace in disagreements—not primarily by being nice, but by making much of
Jesus Christ who freely Bought us with His own blood (Rev 1:7). If Jesus, or the advance of His gospel is at
stake, that’s worth disagreeing about.
Not much else is.” –Pastor Keith
Make these pages
a catalyst to remembering and standing on who my God is and how He works! (In
the beginning of a new journal)
10~Your creation
is beautiful, and yet I know it must be just a little glimpse at Your
beauty! Wow, Lord! I can’t wait to see Your face. And yet, I fear it at the same time…will I be
found worthy? I praise You, Lord, that
it is not dependent on my worthiness, this living in Your presence.
Lord Jesus, my
beloved friend, Oh! You know me so
well. Sometimes when You open my eyes to
something in my life I didn’t really see before, its overwhelming. But You knew…even before I did. Lord soak these verses deep down in my soul!
12~To
live is Christ…live in me Lord!
To die is gain…fill me with a heavenly
perspective.
16~ “They looked
to Him and were radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.” ~Psalm 34:5
27~Lord, fill me
up with You! So much that You overflow
from my life into the lives around me.
Teach me how to think, Lord, about him…about her…about relationships…about
the world around me…about grace…about judgment…about love…about life! There is so much I don’t understand! Or just feel restless about. Thank You Lord, for never ever giving up on
me!
29~ Thank you
for sending men to set up and tear down our tent…thank You for fun with the
girls and good weather! Thank You for
laughter and good connection time with S.
Lord, You’ve just blessed me with soo much!
And yet, there’s
so much, Lord that I’m wrestling through right now! . . . when it comes to the
world, show me what it looks like not to be its friend (James 4) and to be
hated by it (John 15) and not to love it or the things in it as mentioned in 1
John, and yet to follow Your example in loving it (John 3:16). Lord teach me what it looks like practically
to be a friend of God and an imitator of God in regards to the world!
July's Playlist:
- Beautiful Things by Gungor
- How Great Thou Art by Chris Rice
- Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood (I’ve switched around the words of this song to remind myself of the fact I have no need to worry because of how good my Jesus is…I guess you could say, I have my own version.)
Comments
Post a Comment