An Overview of 2013: February

Bits and pieces of my writings from February of last year:

5~Lord, I want to be a woman “who lives for God and His will; whose whole being is pervaded and ruled by the glory of God; who unknowingly and unceasingly leads others to think of God. A [wo]man in whose heart and life God has taken the right place as the All in All, and a [wo]man who has only one desire, that God should have His rightful place throughout the world.”~Andrew Murray

6~I need Your strength, Lord, for I am weak.  This body has been put on earth for the purpose of glorifying You.  I pray that You would fill it with strength so that it can better do that and better love others the way You have called me to.

10~Wow…I have a whole new year of life ahead of me, with no mistakes in it yet! . . . Well, actually it might have a mistake or two in it already, but I thank You for Your grace.  Grace…how wonderful it is!

11~Lord, with each passing year I think again…maybe this will be the year.  But I pray, King Jesus, that You would guard me from discontent and keep me filled with joy and peace in You.  May I remember that my satisfaction, my joy, my everything comes from You.  You are the Giver of every good and perfect gift.

15~Holy Spirit, I pray that You would enable me to live a miraculous life…one where Jesus shines through brightly!

17~I’ve been rushing around like crazy and not pausing to rest in You. I’m sorry, Lord!  Quiet my soul.

23~ Thank You, Lord, for friends who pray!

As I’ve been wrestling lately with what to do with the heavy feeling burdens I believe the Lord has put on my heart, He’s reminding me of His desire for relationship with me.  What does He want me to do with these burdens He puts on my heart? Cast them back on Him in prayer…and as He lays the burdens and I cast them back, intimacy grows.  We care about the same things & we talk more because of that.  So I’m finding that in burdening my heart with the things on His, my Savior is calling and wooing me into a closer, more synchronized step with Him.  Or maybe we could say, He’s teaching me to dance…J

25~Lord, show me Yourself outside of my language!


28~Without Your controlling hand the earth would stop spinning and my lungs would stop breathing.

February's Playlist:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes