Bless the LORD, O my Soul~
I've been reading through Psalms lately, and really been challenged with how much the authors purpose to give thanks and tell of the wonderful things God has done. But it's not just something they did back then . . . it's also a command from God's Word for us today! So with that said . . . let me recount and give thanks for some of the things God has done.
- Every day, without fail, He paints beautiful sunrises and sunsets! Making the colors in the sky almost dance sometimes, as they swirl together in patterns sometimes intricate, sometimes simple and serene.
- He has grown my horizons and worldview in some crazy ways through experiences I never expected. Who knew this Lancaster County girl would spend most of her teen years less than an hour from the city of New Orleans? And yet, through that experience He has grown and changed me in many ways! How amazing is my God, and how truly incomprehensible are His ways!
- He has changed my heart in so many ways . . . I know that every desire I have for Him and His glory comes from Him and Him alone, because honestly, human nature would have me desiring worldly pleasures above God. Instead He is ever drawing and wooing my heart into loving and desiring Him more! And even when I don't respond, or take a couple steps backward, still the Lord is ever faithful to continue loving me and working in me.
- In my weakness He is made strong . . . physically I am weak, and there are times that I am majorly reminded of that. This past week has been one of those times . . . but His power always comes through . . . and through my weakness He is slowly teaching me the truth of Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
- He spoke the stars into existence. Wow. That is a stunningly large amount of power! How truly marvelous and AWESOME are your ways, my King!
- He blesses us with friendships to brighten our lives, challenge us, encourage us, and so many other things! Why just today He gave me beautiful times of sharing and praying with two lovely young women of God. How truly life giving He is in the things that He provides for us.
- His Word " is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). Faithfully, lovingly He speaks to us through the Bible . . . teaching us, encouraging us, comforting us, giving us just the Words we need to hear. Thank You, sweet Jesus, for Your Word and the way You use it in our lives!
- He created emotions . . . what would life be like without feelings? I don't care to think about it too much! I'm thankful to have the ability to love . . . and hate. Because love wouldn't be so beautiful if there wasn't a different option. God in His infinite wisdom gave us the ability to feel deeply--praise Him, praise Him!
- He provides wisdom and grace for the moment if only we will ask Him for it! I'm so thankful, Lord, that You provide what we need when we need it!
- He gives us colors, breath, birds, music, people who are different than we are, taste buds, family, laughter, tears, and oh the list could go on and on!
Some verses that stirred these thankful thoughts:
"But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You."
~Psalm 5:11
"I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High."
~Psalm 7:17
"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will be glad and exult in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."
~Psalm 9:1-2
"Sing praises to the Lord who dwells in Zion; declare among the peoples His deeds."
~Psalm 9:11
"The Lord lives and blessed be my Rock;
And exalted be the God of my salvation . . .
Therefore I will give thanks to You among the nations,
O Lord, and I will sing praises to Your name."
~Psalm 18:46-49
"I will tell of Your name to my brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will praise You."
~Psalm 22:22
"Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones,
And give thanks to His holy name."
~Psalm 30:4
"Sing for joy in the Lord, O you righteous ones; praise is becoming to the upright."
~Psalm 33:1
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
~Psalm 34:1
"Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence."
~Psalm 42:5
Comments
Post a Comment