His Promises . . . Applied to Life

What do you do when you're trying to lead and organize something and things just keep seeming to go wrong?  There's no opportunity to back out, and somehow the struggles must be pushed through.  I've been there these past few weeks.  Struggling with knowing worry won't help, but doing it anyway, then crying out, "Lord, forgive me!"  Knowing my God is always faithful, but failing to apply that fact to my thinking.  Trying to make things work, only to have them keep falling apart.  What's a girl to do?

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."  ~Romans 8:28

Yes, we know it, but do we apply it?  Such peace is available to those of us who love Him if we will but reckon the truth of His sovereign faithfulness in our day-to-day lives!  His peace, priceless peace, peace that surpasses comprehension . . .
It is exactly that kind of peace that came washing over me today as I read and meditated on these life-giving words--His Words. Oh, how wonderful it is that His promises always stand!  No matter what our life experience tries to dictate, no matter what type of chaos fills the world around us, His Word is ROCK beneath our feet!  Dear friends, let us stand and not lose heart, for God IS sovereign and faithful!  His Word is truth--truth we can always count on.
When worry starts to try creeping back, I need to ask myself where my focus is.  For when I focus on Him and His precious promises, worry has no place.  Oh the wonderful faithfulness of our God!  I am so thankful He does not give up on me, but keeps molding and growing me--never losing patience, but always there to pick me up each time I fall!

As I've been writing, another verse has come to mind . . . for worry isn't the only problem, me trying in my own effort is a problem too.  

"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  ~Psalm 46:10

Does He become exalted when I am being exhausted?  Somehow I doubt it.  Rather, when I'm finding rest and refreshment in Him, rejuvenated by the joy found in His presence . . . then He is exalted and glorified in my life.  For who doesn't wonder at the joy and strength that last even through the hardest of times?  He is the only answer for those gifts, and so He receives glory from them.  
My job is to cease striving?  Really?  And not just that, but to know my GOD.  He will be exalted . . . the question is, will He be exalted today?  Through my life?  

I desperately need His Spirit living in me! 

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."  ~Galatians 2:20

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." ~Romans 8:11

I need to always take Jesus at His Word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes