A Life of Seasons

Life is about to change in some dramatic ways.  This week has been a week of tears, sadness over the fact that I'm leaving my family for two whole months, and I don't know when--here, there, or in the air?--I'll see my Bridge church family again.  Yet in the midst of the changes and tears, God is teaching me of His steadfastness.
I've been meditating on Psalm 46, particularly the first two verses: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea . . ."  These verses give me wonderful reasons not to fear.  God is my refuge, strength, and very present help in trouble!  No matter what changes around me, these are truths that I can cling to.  He is for me, I can rest in that.  
In correlation with that I've come across a song that I've decided fits on the soundtrack of my life right now.  Here's the link: Desert Song.  The bridge of the song rings especially true to the challenges I'm facing.  It goes like this:

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Don't get me wrong . . . I'm excited about the changes this year will bring.  Yet at the same time the unknown is always hard to deal with.  But you know, if we always stayed in our same little comfort zone, where would be the adventure in life?  I have decided to follow Jesus . . . wherever that leads!  There is no turning back.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes