The Love of the Haitian People
I'm learning so much about love this week. The Haitian people are so loving and accepting. The first night that I was here, the Madames told me that they all loved me because I like to laugh. (Through a translator, of course.) Since then I have learned the Creole words for I love you, and I hear and say them many times during the day. I have also learned the word for "so much," and I am often told, "Mwen remen ou apil apil apil!" Translated, "I love you so much, so much, so much." What a blessing. These people barely know me, yet they are so free and genuine in expressing their love for me. I want to learn from that!
Last night my Creole lesson time was a little different. Instead of learning a lot of new words, I wrote notes to many of the ladies and girls--in Creole! I don't know much, but I knew enough to write 3-5 sentences. They loved it, and when one of them wrote me one back it blessed my heart so much! I will treasure that note.
Last night my Creole lesson time was a little different. Instead of learning a lot of new words, I wrote notes to many of the ladies and girls--in Creole! I don't know much, but I knew enough to write 3-5 sentences. They loved it, and when one of them wrote me one back it blessed my heart so much! I will treasure that note.
Your trip sounds wonderful. I was just in Thailand and really loved how I could smile at anyone and they would give me such a genuine smile. We couldn't speak to each other but the smiles were wonderful!
ReplyDelete