Haiti--short and sweet.
I'm going to keep this short, but wanted to let you all know how life in Haiti is going. I love it! The countryside is beautiful, the people so joyful. I walk into the toddler room and have five toddlers reaching their arms up for me to hold them and saying, "mama, mama!" It's wonderful, exhausting, and made me a little sick this evening--lots of kids and germs, but I'm feeling better now. And the hugs are so worth it!
It's hard too, the OLTCH compound has probably about 75 people on it and less than 10 of them speak English really well. Communication can be tricky. But I am learning some Creole, and they are learning some English. :) I'm also being challenged to look to Jesus as all I need. The only one I NEED to communicate with. That said, male bay bay! (I'm going, goodbye).
It's hard too, the OLTCH compound has probably about 75 people on it and less than 10 of them speak English really well. Communication can be tricky. But I am learning some Creole, and they are learning some English. :) I'm also being challenged to look to Jesus as all I need. The only one I NEED to communicate with. That said, male bay bay! (I'm going, goodbye).
I am so excited for you! Praying for you tonight! Love ya amie
ReplyDelete