No Good

"I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; I have NO GOOD besides You.' "  ~Psalm 16:2 (emphasis mine)

God has really been challenging me with this verse lately.  Really the whole Psalm is wonderful, but this verse has been sticking in my head.  It's definitely had me praying quite a bit.  Do I really see myself as having no good besides God?  When I'm brought down by something, do I turn to God for my joy . . . or do I seek it in other things?  Fun and games, people time, chocolate, a piece of good fiction . . . to name a few of my favorites.  Not that those things can't be good, they can.  It's when I see them as my sources for rest, refreshment, peace, and joy that things are getting a little bent out of shape.  God needs to be where I turn to when I need those things . . . moreover, He WANTS to be the one I turn to for those things.  Isn't that cool?!  I am blessed that the Creator of the universe wants to give me HIS joy, peace, and rest!

For some odd reason, I just don't always accept that fact.  So He's been challenging me to discover the reality of finding NO GOOD, except in Him, and I 'm so glad. :)

Comments

  1. Allison,
    Thanks for those words. You bless the heart of your father and your Father! I too am challenged in this area of finding NO GOOD, except in God.
    This time in Haiti is helping to shape me in that.
    Thanks for loving God like you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes