"What's Impossible with God?"
So the other night, my family and I watched "Facing the Giants" again for the first time in a while. It really challenged me again. That movie is just soooo good! I feel like my faith is challenged every time I watch it, and trust me, I've watched it a lot!
A couple things that really stick out to me from it . . .
This song, it plays while Brooke is in the doctors office, wrestling with whether or not she will still love God if He never gives her children. That scene has always been powerful to me, and I've always loved the song, so I thought I'd see if I could find it, and when I did I loved it even more! :)
Here are the words:
This song just really captures where I'm at right now . . . or . . . where I want to be anyways! It's challenging to me. I want to be daily surrendering everything to my Lord, and I want to be His and His alone, every part of me! This is the prayer of my heart, so it was neat for me to have a song that captured so much of what I'm thinking/ going through/ etc.
Another thing that ALWAYS sticks out to me from the movie is where the coach calls David out after the last game and basically tells him to never believe anyone who tries to put him down or tell him he's not good enough because God just did something amazing through him. Then he asks many of the players the question that titles my blog, "What's impossible with God?" This last time that we watched that movie, that really convicted me in the area of my future. You see, I know in my head that God has a plan for my life, and it's good. But am I really believing that? Do I really, truly, in my heart believe that nothing is impossible with Him? That He can do anything in my life? Am I even willing to believe that? Cause if I do, as the African American coach says, "It'll change [my life]."
One more thing . . . is the glory of God the goal of my life? Because, anything else is to small to live for. Whether football, or something more girly. ;) Everything needs to center on His glory. Does it, in my life? As my mom challenged us in devotions this morning, "Is He really Lord, if He's not Lord of all?"
A couple things that really stick out to me from it . . .
This song, it plays while Brooke is in the doctors office, wrestling with whether or not she will still love God if He never gives her children. That scene has always been powerful to me, and I've always loved the song, so I thought I'd see if I could find it, and when I did I loved it even more! :)
Here are the words:
"The secret of life is letting go
The secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do, in all that I say
Right here in this moment
The power of prayer
Is in a humble cry
The power of change
Is in giving my life
And laying down
Down at your feet
Right here in this moment
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
This journey of life, is a search for truth
This journey of faith, is following you
Every step of the way, through the joy and the pain
Right here in this moment
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
Right Here, Right Now
And for the rest of my life
Hear me say . . .
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
I am yours and yours alone, completely"
"Completely" by Ana LauraThe secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do, in all that I say
Right here in this moment
The power of prayer
Is in a humble cry
The power of change
Is in giving my life
And laying down
Down at your feet
Right here in this moment
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
This journey of life, is a search for truth
This journey of faith, is following you
Every step of the way, through the joy and the pain
Right here in this moment
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
Right Here, Right Now
And for the rest of my life
Hear me say . . .
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
I am yours and yours alone, completely"
This song just really captures where I'm at right now . . . or . . . where I want to be anyways! It's challenging to me. I want to be daily surrendering everything to my Lord, and I want to be His and His alone, every part of me! This is the prayer of my heart, so it was neat for me to have a song that captured so much of what I'm thinking/ going through/ etc.
Another thing that ALWAYS sticks out to me from the movie is where the coach calls David out after the last game and basically tells him to never believe anyone who tries to put him down or tell him he's not good enough because God just did something amazing through him. Then he asks many of the players the question that titles my blog, "What's impossible with God?" This last time that we watched that movie, that really convicted me in the area of my future. You see, I know in my head that God has a plan for my life, and it's good. But am I really believing that? Do I really, truly, in my heart believe that nothing is impossible with Him? That He can do anything in my life? Am I even willing to believe that? Cause if I do, as the African American coach says, "It'll change [my life]."
One more thing . . . is the glory of God the goal of my life? Because, anything else is to small to live for. Whether football, or something more girly. ;) Everything needs to center on His glory. Does it, in my life? As my mom challenged us in devotions this morning, "Is He really Lord, if He's not Lord of all?"
Comments
Post a Comment