Well . . .
As I was reading back over this blog today, I was convicted of how much I really should be spending more time with God. Somehow, I don't think I'll ever be spending enough time with Him! It's interesting how that kind of ties into what I've been learning in my discipleship counseling class this week. On the forums we were talking about how when we view God in the right way (and we're continually learning more and more how to do that) it helps us to view ourselves in the right way. Isn't that a cool thought? As we seek God, grow closer to Him, and give ourselves to Him as living sacrifices (Rom. 12:1), we discover more not just of who He is, but of who we are. That's such a beautiful picture.
It makes me think of a quote I love fromC.S. Lewis , "The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become--because He made us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be . . . It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own."
Oh the beauty of a surrendered life, and thanks be to God who makes it possible for us to even attempt to live that way! "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place." ~2 Corinthians 2:14
It makes me think of a quote I love from
Oh the beauty of a surrendered life, and thanks be to God who makes it possible for us to even attempt to live that way! "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place." ~2 Corinthians 2:14
Comments
Post a Comment