"I"

Lately God has been challenging me with my perspective.  This is the question that He's brought to my mind . . . how many times a day do I say "I", or think "I"?  And how does that compare to how often I talk about or think about God?  Ouch.  It's a convicting question . . . and I want to let that conviction change me, rather than just forgetting about it. 
Is my focus on God and His glory, or am I falling into the trap of focusing on myself?  My Discipleship Counseling class is what has been spurring my thoughts on this.  I love this quote from the author of Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, Paul David Tripp, "We do not suffer well, because suffering interferes with our glory.  We do not find relationships easy, because others compete with us for glory.  We do not serve well, because in our quest for glory, we want to be served.  But the story of Scripture is the story of the Lord's glory.  It calls me to an agenda that is bigger than myself.  It offers me something truly worth living for.  The Redeemer has come so that glory thieves would joyfully live for the glory of Another.  There is no deeper personal joy and satisfaction than to live committed to his glory."
This has also tied in with what we've been focusing on in memory verses for Bible study, our first topic was "Put Christ First" (Matthew 6:33 and Luke 9:23).  I love it how when God's trying to teach me something He ties everything together!  :) 
I don't want my focus to be on me . . . more importantly, I know that's not God's plan and purpose for my life . . . so it all comes down to this, I am a sinner in need of redemption, trusting God to help me to continue learning how best to live for HIS glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes