Waiting

As God continues to guide me in learning this lesson of trust, He's also brought a new lesson along. That of waiting. Not rushing ahead and trying to do things on my own. Not being so busy that I barely have the time to be still.
It's so easy you know . . . so easy to fill my life with this and that, going here, organizing this, pursuing that. There's just so much that you can fill life with! But that's not where God wants me--He wants me at the feet of Jesus, studying His word and listening for His still small voice. He wants me to be like Mary and not like Martha. Not so easy for a firstborn . . .
But I'm learning, at least I hope I am! I'm starting to really find joy in just spending time with Jesus. Starting to want to spend more time with Him than I do, rather than being bored during the time I do spend with Him. Don't get me wrong . . . it's still a struggle. I still catch myself filling my day with things that just aren't as important, but it's a learning process, and I'm in process. :)
As I continue on this journey called life, there's one verse that I've recently rediscovered, one God can use in every area of my life! John 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease." So short and simple, but so true in every area. My selfishness must decrease, His love for others must increase. My will must decrease, His control, and my trust in it must increase. My sin must decrease, His perfectness increase. Worldly thoughts must decrease, thoughts of Him must increase. And on, and on, and on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Single Woman's Hope

Our Love Story (Part 3)

The Story Behind Her Eyes